Medita Clinic in Tartu
Tallinn, Pärnu mnt 67a
Fertility Clinic Nordic
Gynaecology, Urology and Orthopaedy
Registration desk +372 5645 8430
The registration desk is open
Test for evaluating the genetic risk for venous thromboembolism (VTE)Venous thromboembolism (VTE) includes deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. Deep vein thrombosis is the development of a blood clot within a deep vein in the body, usually in the leg. Pulmonary embolism develops when a blood clot formed in a deep vein starts moving and reaches the lungs via circulation.
Venous thromboembolism often develops when several risk factors (hereditary and acquired) occur concurrently.
The hereditary risk of VTE can be determined by a genetic test, which analyses changes in the Factor V, Factor II, MTHFR genes.
Main indications for genetic testing in women are:
- venous thrombosis before age 50
- venous thrombosis in the family anamnesis
- known gene variant increasing the risk of venous thromboembolism occurring in the family
- myocardial infarction in a cigarette smoking woman younger than 50 years of age
- venous thrombosis in a woman who is pregnant or using oral contraceptives
- starting hormonal contraception or hormone replacement therapy on a woman belonging to the risk group (the patient or their family member has had thrombotic disorders; a known gene variant promoting thrombophilia occurring in the family)
- pregnancy complications (repeated pregnancy loss, pre-eclampsia or miscarriage)
Health examination includes genetic testing of blood, ultrasonic testing of the deep veins of the legs and a consultation with a doctor.
If during the examination any health risks are discovered, you will be referred to a geneticist for a more detailed consultation, if necessary.
The price of the health examination at Medita Clinic is 150 euros.
The health examination is offered in collaboration with Asper Biotech laboratories.